Our "special" life

Monday, November 24, 2008

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving...A time to give thanks! I love holidays and Thanksgiving is one of my favorites! It is a time for great food, fun and family. We will be traveling some on Thanksgiving, but its ok becaue I miss a lot of Hubby's family since we have moved. My family is trying to change the tradition which I am a little upset about. They are wanting to do soup. Which means no turkey, no stuffing and most importantly none of pawpaw's homeade mac and cheese!! I am going through a personal grieving process. I am huge on traditions and it is so tough that things are changing. We all have our personal lives and jobs that change how we do things. I remember the days when the whole family came in town, we watched the Christmas story on tv, played outside, ate and ate some more. I guess it is time for me to come to grips with we are growing up! A good thing but sad at the same time!! As long as we are together at some point I should be thankful. I think this holiday we should all take time to reflect. So here is a list of a few things that I am thankful for:
1. My life
2. Wonderful parents
3. My growing relationship with my sis
4. Adorable little bro
5. A husband I love more than I did the day I married him :)
6. Precious step daughter
7.great house
8. a job (we all know those are becoming difficult to keep thanks to the economy)
9. loving and dependable friends
10. starbucks coffee
11. coaching volleyball
12. NY&Co :)
13. A Savior that died on the cross so that I can have life!
** these are just a few... Take time this holiday to think on things that you are thankful for!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home